Slack Banana

Share or find information on slacklining equipment

Slack Banana

Postby MTSlackliner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Where can you still buy the old Slack Banana in the USA? I have found places that sell them in germany and in Australia, but not in the USA. If you find any place, link me up please!
Thanks! Slack on
Parker Webb
bozemanslacklineclub.org
MTSlackliner

Re: Slack Banana

Postby Prophecy-Poland » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey MTSlackliner! I think Jerry is still selling his old slack-bananas. I don't know why they are not on the Balance Community website. You should contact Jerry about that, and even if he doesn't have old slack-bananas his new product "Alpine WebLock" is pretty sweet too:

http://www.balancecommunity.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=ALP-WL
Prophecy-Poland

Postby MTSlackliner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 pm

True the alpine weblock does look nice, but its out of my price range as a bum hippie slackliner haha
Parker Webb
bozemanslacklineclub.org
MTSlackliner

Postby Prophecy-Poland » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah, the same problem here, he he. I know it's not the cheapest device. I am using old Jerry's slack-bananas and prototypes from slackPro! You should send Jerry a message and ask if he has the old ones. You could probably get 2 of them in the price of one AWL ;) I just thought about one thing - if you are searching for the cheapest solution you could buy just one slack-banana and use sleeved line-locker (Terry has the best configuration I saw ever, but you can get them on-line from Jerry's shop too). This way you have really strong way to attach your line and be able to remove the slack from one side ... :) You don't always need 2 slack-bananas. One of them will make the rigging much easier though. The only situation when you really need 2 is when you put up the highline rigged with 2 webbings ... I'm hoping it helps.
Prophecy-Poland

Return to Gear